Gratitude Diary

A gratitude diary can change your whole life, and it only takes a couple of minutes each day. I show you how to do it, what to expect, and what scientific research is being done.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

While waiting in a queue the other day, I was talking with a 20year old guy.

He hadn’t been in Australia very long, and was complaining it was hard for him. Between work, dealing with government agencies and learning the language, he said he had no time for fun.

I asked him why he couldn’t be happy where he was? He looked incredulous, like it was a concept he hadn’t thought of. I told him happiness was a journey, not the destination.

He left me looking very thoughtful, and I’m grateful I could help him. It got me thinking though – we are so ingrained to be negative, and complain all the time. No wonder so many people are unhappy. A gratitude diary can be the first step to reversing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home