Gratitude Diary

A gratitude diary can change your whole life, and it only takes a couple of minutes each day. I show you how to do it, what to expect, and what scientific research is being done.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Appreciate Yourself

Your gratitude diary should not just be about others - include yourself in it!

Appreciate yourself as well, and acknowledge your successes.

Keep a diary not just of what you did, but what you did well, and what you appreciate about yourself and others. "I sometimes write lists of how I was successful that day," says Karen, 37, of Westborough, Massachusetts, who writes in her journal when her family is asleep. "Really basic stuff, like 'turned TV off and played hide-and-seek with kids.' It forces me to acknowledge, when I can be so hard on myself or focus on what I should be doing, that I'm really doing all right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home