Gratitude Diary

A gratitude diary can change your whole life, and it only takes a couple of minutes each day. I show you how to do it, what to expect, and what scientific research is being done.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Happiness is a State of Mind

Keep in mind that happiness is mostly dependent on our state of mind, not on our status or the state of our bank account. Barring extreme circumstances, our level of well being is determined by what we choose to focus on (the full or the empty part of the glass) and by our interpretation of external events.

For example, do we view failure as catastrophic, or do we see it as a learning opportunity?

When we receive an electricity bill, do we curse, or do we feel gratitude for all the comforts and conveniences that electricity provides?

Keeping a gratitude diary will not only help focus you on the positives in your life, it will bring more positive things into your life as well.

As an example, just this week, 2 different lots of friends invited me out for dinner and a show, and paid for me, AND I won tickets valued at $140 to see an international drumming/martial ats show. My son came home for the weekend from interstate as well. And that is just this week. I am attracting so many wonderful things into my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home